Sunday, October 2, 2011

Podcast Critiques

Podcast #1- How I Met Your Mother Official Podcast

I subscribed to this podcast because I really enjoy the show. The podcasts talks about the show and gives some behind the scenes tidbits along with some actor/actress interviews.
I listened to a couple episodes. One was an interview with Alyson Hannigan that I really enjoyed where she talked about her career as an actress. The other was a couple of the actors explaining how they chose what their season was going to focus on and how they all barnstorm together to make the show good. There wasn’t much I didn’t like, I mean sometimes I did space out but if something funny happened I got sucked right back in.
I probably won’t listen to it again unless I’m like super bored, and it won’t make its way onto my iPod.

Podcast #2- Hypothetical Help with Scott Johnson and Mark Turpster

I subscribed to this one because I wanted to listen to some advice and I noticed it was labeled comedy so I thought it would be funny. They gave advice on long distance relationships in college, having a random hookup, and some guy who wanted to get his ex back. It was entertaining to an extent but I found myself drifting in and out of sync with it. It didn’t hold my attention mainly because I don’t think I would have taken their advice over something I could give myself. I might check them out again sometime if they are talking about non relationship advise, they too probably wont make it onto my iPod unless I someday hear a hilarious episode that id want to share with someone else.

Podcast #3- Scam School with Brian Brushwood

This one was by far my favorite. Unlike the other two podcasts that were strictly audio, Scam School was a video podcast. Basically it’s this guy who teaches you cool magic tricks, brain teasers, street cons, bar scams, etc etc. It was basically like a video joke shop. I really think I’ll be checking this podcast out again sometime it was really entertaining. Unfortunately I can’t put it on my iPod because a lot of the teaching is done visually and my ghetto iPod doesn’t play video.

No comments:

Post a Comment