Sunday, October 30, 2011

CNN iReport Critique

Arrested for Closing a Citibank Account
                                                                                                                                                             Manhattan NY- October 15
Click to See

I found this very interesting but I still have no idea what was going on. Clearly there were a lot of people being arrested at this bank but I'm not sure what for. It is news but its not finished news. There are a lot of unanswered questions. We have a 'when' and 'where' but we're missing the 'who', 'what', and 'why'.
If I were a CNN producer I would use some of this footage but obviously do some research to fill in the gaps of the story.
I could obviously do the same thing as this user, any 10-year-old could have. She was just an eye whiteness with a device that could capture the moment.


Great Mississippi River Balloon Race
                                                                                                                                                 Natchez, Mississippi-October 16
Click to See

Ehh its not uninteresting. I like hot air balloons and it's an interesting fact to know that there is an annual 3 day event dedicated to them in Mississippi. I wouldn't consider it national news, it seems like something that would be better suited for local stations.
I once again believe that anyone who can operate a camera could do this.


Occupy Wall Street-Police Push Protester
                                                                                                                                              Times Square, New York-October 15
Click to See

This is interesting but I don't really think its news. I have no idea whats happening and to be honest I didn't see a single person get pushed (and I watched it a few times). It is alarming and chaos is always interesting but there is plenty of other good footage from the Occupy Wall Street protests that is even more alarming and could be used on CNN so if I were a producer I wouldn't really think to use this.
Again I could do this, anyone could.

No comments:

Post a Comment