Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CBS Atlanta VS. Fox 44

Alright it isn’t always easy to compare writing, especially if both sites are supposed to be on professional levels, but after reading a few articles from each I would say I enjoyed CBS Atlanta’s more. I feel like their writing was sharper and clearer on the facts where as with Fox 44 I was sometimes left trying to make sense what I read. In all fairness I only read 3 stories on each site, maybe they just weren’t lucky picks for Fox 44. While I’m on the topic of writing quality I figure this is a good spot to just mention that when it came to local coverage both sites did their job. I obviously found Fox 44’s local news more interesting because it’s VT based and closer to the demographic I fit in.

The videos on both sites were pretty good. I think I enjoyed Fox 44’s editing a little better it was smoother Id say.  It was also nicely paired with the writing. CBS Atlanta’s wasn’t bad, the content was there but the stories I watched, one on a dog being thrown into a dumpster in particular, were really choppy in regards of editing shots and sound bites and I wasn’t to impressed with it.

CBS Atlanta definitely wins my vote on having better slideshows. They have a whole page devoted to it; all I could find on Fox 44 was a slideshow of 80 some odd pictures in the upper right hand corner of the home page. It was small and I could hardly make out the pictures. It also wasn’t sectioned up into multiple slideshows based on the stories each was covering, which was the way CBS Atlanta had theirs and I found it much easier to navigate.
I would honestly just assume CBS Atlanta has the larger staff because their site seems more put together and organized. Usually organization requires a team to maintain.


No comments:

Post a Comment