Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Well Here's The SlideShows, Skeleton of My Google Map....and My War Story.

Well, after slaving away to make all six slideshows  and create a google map to embed them in I discovered this entire project idea wasn't possible to achieve...at least not in any way I knew how.
My first attempt to get an embed code was to export and upload .zip files to Divshare where I then copied and pasted the embed code into the editHTML space in the description bubble on google maps (I also put it in the rich text bubble just to check).
This was a no go.
Next, I went to the Sound Slides website and uploaded all of my .zip files there to get the embed codes. These codes didn't work either!
Desperate, I turned to the one source that has always solved any problem I have ever had to face in life...google.
I found out that google maps doesn't like to easily upload videos and slideshows that are foreign because of security..so now I had to turn all of my .zip files into .mp4's and make youtube videos out of them! This wasn't the quickest process in the world so I only completed two of them to see if it would even work in the first place....it didn't.
So now here I am 12 hrs of hard, frustrating work later and I don't even have a completed final project to show for it.
Fail.


View Areas Beneficial to Finals Week in a larger map














No comments:

Post a Comment